Siem Reap

Siem Reap · Questions

What vegetarian food options are available in Siem Reap?

What vegetarian food options are available in Siem Reap?

Services 5 answers • Fyodor
I'm visiting Cambodia in October and staying in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. We plan to stay at Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, with 3 days in Angkor wat. I'm a vegetarian, I don’t eat any kind of meat and eggs, are there any local delicacies that I could try?
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 2 replies

nedcavanagh •
While there are some Indian restaurants in Siem Reap for vegetarians, I personally prefer Khmer food every day. However, I've found that most Khmer dishes contain either meat or eggs. One possible exception might be ban sroung without the meat, although I'm not sure about the ingredients. Another option could be a snack I've tried - a banana wrapped in rice, then wrapped in a palm leaf and roasted, although I don't know the name of this dish.
Tom WTom W •
If you plan to visit Siem Reap in late October, you can expect pleasant weather and explore attractions beyond the famous Angkor temples. Some nearby places to consider include Kulen mountain, the Kampong Phluk floating village, the Silk Farm, the Apsara Dance performance, the Apopo Hero Rat Center, and the Lotus Farm. Additionally, you can find many local restaurants serving vegetarian options, such as Khmer Kitchen and Mahop.
Sergei Petrov •
You mentioned Khmer Kitchen and Mahop as vegetarian options in Siem Reap. Are these the primary choices, or are there other restaurants you would recommend specifically?
Laura FLaura F •
Siem Reap has a vast number of restaurants, with over 1,000 options available. While many of these serve vegetarian dishes, only around 10-15 of them are completely vegetarian.
Gijs VisserGijs Visser •
You'll have to look for

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Your Answer

0/10000 characters

Min 10 characters