Tulum

Tulum · Questions

When to use USD in Tulum?

When to use USD in Tulum?

Транспорт 7 answers • simonlockwood
I'm planning a trip to Cancun and Tulum and I'm getting conflicting information about using USD versus Mexican Pesos. Can anyone clarify when I would actually need to use USD?
Write an Answer

6 Answers · 1 reply

guadalupe_tulum •
I visited Tulum this spring and found it's unnecessary to have USD. You can easily get by with just pesos, which are widely accepted.
guadalupeguadalupe •
Having some hard currency can be useful, but I managed to get by for two weeks using my phone's tap-to-pay feature for all transactions.
finn •
Unless you're prepared to lose money in the exchange rate, which can be as high as 10:1, it's best to stick with pesos. I found it unnecessary to carry a large amount of cash.
carlos •
The exchange rate was approximately 16:1 a week ago when paying in dollars, but it's significantly lower than what currency kiosks on Avenida Tulum offer, which was 17.20 MXN for every $1.
julien_webe •
To get pesos, use your card at an ATM, preferably at a Santander location, which often has smaller fees compared to other banks. Decline currency conversion and the exchange rate will be determined by your own bank.
tulumyuna •
Many businesses in Tulum prefer not to accept USD due to the hassle of exchanging it. It's more convenient for them to deal with Mexican pesos. Additionally, some businesses have been avoiding USD for over 20 years.
Ricardo Lozano •
Using USD is unnecessary in Tulum. Instead, get pesos at an ATM and decline currency conversion to avoid unfavorable exchange rates.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Ваш ответ

0/10000 символов

Мин. 10 символов