Koh Samui

Koh Samui · Questions

Is living in a tourist island a bad idea?

Is living in a tourist island a bad idea?

Другое 5 answers • maxim78
I've been in Thailand for a while in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but I feel a real calling for the island life now. I spent 10 lovely days on Koh Samui and haven’t felt the same since returning home. I miss the beach, the views, the clean air, the slow pace of life. I already have my eye on a beautiful hillside villa when my current lease ends.
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 2 replies

Narin Wongsawat •
Koh Samui's laid-back atmosphere can catch you off guard.
Nong P •
The island's relaxed pace is part of its charm, but it also means you might not be able to find everything you need right away. I stayed for a year and found that the tourists tend to blend into the background after a while. The lack of certain amenities or services isn't usually a big deal, but it can be frustrating at times.
DavideDavide •
A longer stay on Koh Samui can give you a more realistic understanding of life on the island.
maxim78 OP •
Could you elaborate why?
DavideDavide •
When you first arrive on Koh Samui, everything is exciting and new, but as time goes on, you start to notice the things that don't work as well as they do at home. A 10-day trip just isn't long enough to get a feel for the island's rhythms and routines.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Ваш ответ

0/10000 символов

Мин. 10 символов

Explore More

Похожие вопросы

No related questions yet.