Halifax

Halifax · Questions

Dropped from the Need a Family Practice Registry?

Dropped from the Need a Family Practice Registry?

Gezondheid & Welzijn 7 answers • ana
I've been waiting for a family doctor for almost 4 years now, I've been getting hopeful for getting in somewhere with all of this 'the registry is shrinking' talk coming from the government, but now I'm wondering if others are experiencing this.
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 4 replies

ivanivan •
I've been dropped from the list twice without being notified. It seems that if you get back on the list soon enough, you might end up in the same position as before.
EllieEllie •
The list doesn't have a specific place for patients. Doctors choose patients to remove from the list based on their own criteria, not on how long the patient has been on the list.
CristianCristian •
I'm not sure if doctors are required to accept patients from the list. NS Health works with doctors to remove patients from the list, but I'm not clear on the details.
jonathan62 •
I've been dropped from the list before, so now I make a point to call every month to confirm I'm still on it.
ana OP •
It seems like this might be the new approach going forward.
jonathanjonathan •
From my experience in healthcare, I know that many people have their phones set to block unknown callers by default. This can lead to important calls from doctors or medical professionals going straight to voicemail. It's worth checking to see if this setting is enabled.
ana OP •
I'll definitely check my phone settings. In my line of work, I often get calls from unknown numbers, but I usually answer them because they might be important. I'll look into this further, thanks for the tip!

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Jouw antwoord

0/10000 tekens

Min. 10 tekens