Halifax

Halifax · Questions

Getting to the waterfront from the Halifax airport and where to find good seafood nearby?

Getting to the waterfront from the Halifax airport and where to find good seafood nearby?

Transport 4 answers • hannekevanleeuwen
I'm flying in early tomorrow morning and have a few hours to kill until my buddy gets off work. I saw there's a bus for $5 that will take me down to the waterfront from the airport. Any good suggestions? Or places to avoid? I'd like stuff as much fresh seafood in me as I can!
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 1 reply

Mathieu Chen •
Visiting the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic can be a pleasant experience. Taking a ferry ride across and back from Woodside, followed by a trip to Alderney and another return journey, could be a great way to spend some time exploring the area.
GurpreetGurpreet •
Interestingly, there isn't much great seafood to be found along the waterfront. If you take the ferry to Dartmouth, you can try the seafood platter at Evan's, which is known for serving high-quality, fried fish at a reasonable price. If you're willing to venture a bit further up from the Dartmouth ferry terminal, you'll find the Canteen, which serves a variety of dishes. Exploring the area beyond the waterfront and up the hill reveals a range of dining options. For those interested in museums, staying near the water offers easy access to the National Immigration Museum at Pier 21 and the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which focuses on provincial maritime history. The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is also conveniently located nearby.
Simon Ashworth •
I appreciate the suggestions, and I agree that Pier 21 is a must-visit attraction.
Rocio D •
McKelvie's offers a range of delicious seafood dishes. Evan's, located on the Dartmouth waterfront, is also a great choice. The waterfront area offers plenty of opportunities to walk and take in the sights, with a variety of cafes, pubs, and museums to explore.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Votre réponse

0/10000 caractères

Min. 10 caractères