Ciudad de Panamá

Ciudad de Panamá · Questions

What's the best way to report a fake bill in Panama City?

What's the best way to report a fake bill in Panama City?

Legal y Financiero 3 answers • Leandro Cardoso
I was trying to sell a console and the person paid me with fake money. I went to the prosecutor's office and they gave me two options: report it as a fake bill or as a scam. If I report it as a fake bill, it will just be sent for verification, but if I report it as a scam, they will investigate. I have the paper with all the details, but I need to go to the judge of peace to make the formal report. Is it worth it to report it?
Write an Answer

2 Answers · 1 reply

Sanne V •
Just report it as a fake bill. It's not worth making a big deal about it if you don't have any information to track down the person.
Ingrid Hoffmann •
As someone who's familiar with the system, I have to tell you that it's unlikely that anything will come of your report. The prosecutor's office doesn't have the resources to investigate every case of fake money. However, if you do decide to report it, you might want to consider doing it through the prosecutor's office instead of the judge of peace, since it's a smaller amount of money.
Ingrid Hoffmann •
You can try to look for security cameras in the area where you were scammed, but it's unlikely that they'll be able to help you. You can also try to get a photo of the taxi that the person was in, but it's not enough to identify the person. If you do have any evidence, it's better to bring it to the prosecutor's office rather than trying to investigate on your own.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Tu respuesta

0/10000 caracteres

Mín. 10 caracteres