Isla Mujeres

Isla Mujeres · Questions

Why is Isla Mujeres so littered with trash on its beaches and waterfronts?

Why is Isla Mujeres so littered with trash on its beaches and waterfronts?

Otro 5 answers • Miguel
Write an Answer

4 Answers · 1 reply

Santiago ISantiago I •
To be honest, it's the locals who tend to litter. They don't seem to care where they throw their garbage. It's not everyone, but I've seen it a lot.
Miguel OP •
I'm disheartened by the state of the island. Each morning, a cleaning crew is visible, but their efforts seem inadequate. It's concerning to see trash scattered about, with broken glass and discarded beer cans posing hazards for children and families.
tomas •
The Caribbean side beaches face open ocean, so plastic trash can wash up there. Wind also pushes trash onto the sides of the island. Volunteers do clean up the lakes pretty regularly.
Simon •
The island's Caribbean side is particularly affected by the trade winds, which carry floating debris. This is a widespread issue, and local volunteers have formed groups to help clean up the beaches along Hidalgo Street.
ryanchandlerryanchandler •
One of the reasons I stopped going to Isla Mujeres 5 years ago was because of the litter. It's a shame, because I used to love it there.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Tu respuesta

0/10000 caracteres

Mín. 10 caracteres

Explore More

Preguntas relacionadas

No related questions yet.