Siem Reap

Siem Reap · Questions

How to get a translating app to work correctly with Khmer locals?

How to get a translating app to work correctly with Khmer locals?

Dienste 7 answers • Sopheak C
I'm a licensed Angkor guide and I've noticed that when using Google Translate, my local friends take forever to understand it. I'm wondering if there are any hacks to make sure the translation is correct.
Write an Answer

4 Answers · 3 replies

Sergei Petrov •
To improve understanding, I often translate text from English to Khmer, then translate that back to English and finally to Khmer. This helps me gauge whether the original meaning has been preserved. Although AI translations may be more effective, I haven't extensively used them for Khmer.
Sopheak C OP •
Yeah, I've done that before but it's tedious. Obviously if it's important, then it has to be done. Thanks though.
Sergei Petrov •
It's time to face the reality of learning the language, and I've been putting it off for a while myself. Perhaps I should take the initiative and start learning.
grace_merc •
Same … so many times 'I did not' turns into 'I did' …. Countless potential issues lol
alexei44 •
In my experience, Chat GPT is more reliable for everyday conversations than Google Translate. When you specify the nature of the relationship, it adjusts the pronouns accordingly.
nedcavanagh •
For more natural conversations, consider using GPT, Gemini, or other AI models. Avoid relying solely on Google Translate for effective communication.
grace_merc •
Interestingly, playing the audio option to hear the translation seems to help people understand the text more quickly. This might be related to a reading issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Ihre Antwort

0/10000 Zeichen

Min. 10 Zeichen