Panama-Stadt

Panama-Stadt · Questions

How much should I pay for child support in Panama City?

How much should I pay for child support in Panama City?

Recht & Finanzen 4 answers • Leandro Cardoso
I'm a Brazilian expat living in Panama City with my child. I'm separated from the mother and we're negotiating child support. I earn around $800 a month and my fixed personal expenses are around $250. I also have private health insurance for my child, but I'm not sure if it will increase my costs. The mother earns roughly the same as me and says her fixed expenses (rent and services) take up almost half her paycheck. She's keeping a record of her expenses and says she'll go to court if we can't agree on a payment plan.
Write an Answer

4 Answers

Kieran L •
Always, absolutely always, go to court and hire a family law specialist. Don't make deals over the phone or follow random advice. If you don't, you'll get caught in a trap.
omar95 •
As others have said, hire a good family lawyer. In cases like this, always put your emotions aside and do things by the book. Relationships can last as long as they last, but court agreements are forever.
olivia •
I recommend setting up voluntary child support. She can ask for any amount she wants, but in reality, it's different, and from my experience, your child's support and pension become the tool she uses to get back at you.
MiguelMiguel •
Hire a lawyer to advise you and tell you what's legal. Go to the family court and ask them to set up child support and alimony according to the judge's instructions. After that, you're free to give more if you can and want to.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

Ihre Antwort

0/10000 Zeichen

Min. 10 Zeichen