Montréal

Montréal · Questions

Can I still buy a regular OPUS card for my family at the counter?

Can I still buy a regular OPUS card for my family at the counter?

交通 3 answers • Nienke Van Leeuwen
I usually buy one monthly OPUS card for my family. Partner and kids use it on different days. Since the card is now tied to a name, will this expose us to fines?
Write an Answer

3 Answers

Julien •
I recently visited the REM and noticed that the rules for sharing tickets are based on the type of card, not the ID. Regular cards can be shared, but discounted rate cards with photos cannot.
pieter •
The rules are clear: you can share regular transit cards, but not discounted rate cards with photos.
leandro_montre •
When I purchased my ABC card, the STM employee told me they now require ID to register the card in case of loss. However, I would be surprised if they actually check ID when using the card, as it wouldn't make sense to do so.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

你的回答

0/10000 字符

最少 10 字符