Toronto

Toronto · Questions

How can I find a job in Toronto with no degree and no savings?

How can I find a job in Toronto with no degree and no savings?

법률 및 금융 8 answers • Nigel
I'm 27, unemployed, and living with my parents. I've been caring for my grandmother with dementia, but she's now in a long-term care home. I have no debt, but no savings, credit history, or assets. I'm struggling to figure out how to move forward.
Write an Answer

5 Answers · 3 replies

Alessia •
What motivated you to pursue a career in caregiving? You might find it rewarding and have a strong aptitude for it, similar to a nurse.
Gurpreet S •
Or a personal support worker. You could consider that as a career option.
NathanNathan •
If you're comfortable with the physical demands of the job, you might consider a career as a paramedic. The pay is decent, and the schedule isn't as grueling as you might think. Many paramedics are able to save up and travel extensively during their time off.
Lorenzo Rizzo •
Have you applied for Ontario Works? Starting there can provide some financial stability. Additionally, you might be eligible for ODSP if your mental health issues are impacting your ability to work. Some entry-level jobs in the OPS, such as court and client representatives, pay around $30-$33 an hour. You can also advertise your services on Marketplace for side hustles like dog walking or babysitting.
Anastasia IAnastasia I •
Being unemployed can be challenging, but it can also be an opportunity. Try to find the silver lining and take advantage of the resources available to you. For support with eating disorders, consider reaching out to Sheena's Place, which offers free groups and may be able to connect you with other helpful resources. Your doctor can also provide information about low-cost or free mental health and physio services.
Priya Lavoie •
I work in the mining industry and live in Toronto, but I'm based in a different city for most of the month. I have a 2-week rotation schedule, which allows me to fly back and forth. This career path pays very well, with intro-level jobs offering between $6,000 and $7,000 per month after taxes. The required training only takes a few months to complete, and all flights and meals are covered.
CamilleCamille •
What's your experience like with the shifts? Are they typically 12 hours long? If so, what time do they usually start?
noor71noor71 •
You have a talent for writing, so be sure to acknowledge your own intelligence and abilities. A career as a PSW worker could be a great fit for you, and the province offers programs to help you cover the cost of the required training.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

답변 작성

0/10000 자

최소 10 자