サントゥルセ

サントゥルセ · Questions

What skills do I need to be a programmer in PR?

What skills do I need to be a programmer in PR?

教育 8 answers • owenowen
I run a small surf school in Santurce and I'm looking for advice on what skills are needed to be a programmer in Puerto Rico. I've heard the industry is competitive and pay is lower than in the US, but I'm interested in learning more about the field. I've also heard that many companies have intern programs for recent graduates, which can provide valuable experience.
Write an Answer

5 Answers · 3 replies

Ellie McAllister •
The most important thing is not to get into this industry for the money.
owenowen OP •
Yes, the pay is very attractive, but you need to have a real passion for the field to be successful.
muralistsanturcemuralistsanturce •
While passion is important, it's also essential to avoid burning out. Many people get caught up in the excitement of learning new skills, but forget to take care of themselves.
Rafael •
Having a degree in a relevant field is not the only factor in career advancement. It's also essential to develop skills in experimentation, learning new methodologies, and applying theoretical knowledge to real-world problems, such as conducting experiments with various materials to test hypotheses.
luis_colo •
A key soft skill for programmers is being able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people, as well as being able to work collaboratively in a team.
Grace N •
It's also worth noting that the term 'programmer' is becoming outdated, as AI is increasingly taking over programming tasks. Instead, you need to be knowledgeable in areas like system design, architecture, and AI.
LuisLuis •
I'm in the process of changing careers and want to enter the field of cybersecurity. I've been learning on my own for a few years, but I'm struggling to pass the first round of interviews. I appreciate the advice on the importance of learning and applying new skills, as well as publishing my own projects.
owenowen OP •
In addition to learning new skills, it's also important to learn how to structure your code in a way that makes it easy to maintain and test. This includes using established architectures and patterns like Hexagonal Architecture and Model-View-Controller.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

回答を投稿

0/10000 文字

最小 10 文字

Explore More

関連する質問

No related questions yet.