New York

New York · Questions

Where can I volunteer to learn handyman skills in NYC?

Where can I volunteer to learn handyman skills in NYC?

サービス 5 answers • vanessa562vanessa562
I'd like to gain some handyman skills like building/fixing furniture, fixing appliances, etc, in exchange for my labor. I'm a white-collar worker stuck on my desk 40 hours a week.
Write an Answer

5 Answers

Jared VJared V •
Have you considered a repair cafe? You can learn various skills from fixing appliances to building furniture in exchange for your labor. It's a great way to gain practical experience and meet like-minded people.
Katrin Reinhardt •
I think volunteering for Habitat for Humanity would be a great opportunity. They have a Women Build program that allows you to gain hands-on experience in construction and building. It's a great way to learn new skills and give back to the community.
Marisol IMarisol I •
In New York City, you can learn about tree stewardship by taking on a more challenging project like maintaining tree beds or removing tree stumps. While it's not always straightforward, and technically, stump removal is prohibited, this hands-on approach can be a fun and engaging way to gain knowledge about tree care and get some exercise at the same time.
tatiana_lima •
Habitat for Humanity and the Food Bank for NYC are both great organizations that offer volunteer opportunities. You can gain hands-on experience and help make a difference in your community.
Micaela Farias •
Volunteering with the Prospect Park Alliance is a great way to learn about invasive plants and how to remove them. They have weekend events, but they fill up fast, so be sure to sign up early.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

回答を投稿

0/10000 文字

最小 10 文字