カルガリー

カルガリー · Questions

Calgary street sweeping parking infractions appeals not reviewed properly?

Calgary street sweeping parking infractions appeals not reviewed properly?

サービス 5 answers • calgarygurp
We got a street sweeping ticket on June second when the sign right beside our home clearly showed only June first for street sweeping. The website also had an unclear message telling us that it started June 1st, with no further messaging. So we moved our car to a paid lot for the first, and returned it. To our surprise, we were towed and ticketed on the second. To our even further surprise, the appeal was just denied! Is there any other option to fight a ticket that isn’t court at this point?
Write an Answer

4 Answers · 1 reply

nienke466 •
I received a ticket in June and disputed it, but the dispute never went to proper review and was sent to traffic court instead. I believe it should have been placed on administrative hold while I disputed it, but that didn't happen. I ended up paying the fine. The signage in my neighborhood was particularly poor.
Florencia P •
Same thing happened to me!!!
taeyang •
I got a ticket once because there was no sign on my street, even though there were signs on nearby streets. It was reasonable to assume they wouldn't be doing my street that day, since they don't sweep all adjoining streets at once. To make matters worse, they didn't even sweep my street that summer, leaving it covered in gravel for weeks.
Marta BMarta B •
You should contact your councillor's office to report the issue. They may be able to help inform the city about the problem with the signage and potentially escalate it to get the fee waived.
gustavo_calgargustavo_calgar •
In our neighborhood, the signage has been getting progressively worse over the past couple of years. I'm convinced that whoever is responsible for maintaining it is not doing their job properly, and it's a city-wide issue.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

回答を投稿

0/10000 文字

最小 10 文字