カルガリー

カルガリー · Questions

Local shop for wool sweater repair?

Local shop for wool sweater repair?

サービス 4 answers • Marta BMarta B
I have a beautiful Aran islands knit wool sweater that I accidentally shrunk in the dryer. I'm in the Killarney neighborhood of Calgary and I'm looking for a local tailor or dry cleaner who can help me stretch it back out or repair it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Write an Answer

2 Answers · 2 replies

nienke466 •
I would reach out to a local independent yarn shop, such as STASH needle art or Ancient Arts Yarn, as they're experts on all things wool and may be able to give you some tips or point you in the right direction to have it properly done. If you're looking for a more traditional repair service, you may want to try a local tailor or dry cleaner, but be prepared for the possibility that they may not be familiar with wool repair. This could be a good opportunity to explore Calgary's local yarn scene and potentially find a unique solution to your problem.
viniciusvinicius •
Unfortunately, if it's felted, there's no recovering it. Felted wool is irreversibly damaged and can't be restored to its original shape or texture.
Marta BMarta B OP •
Thanks, and I think this is a bummer. I'm not sure how to tell if it's felted. Here's a picture of what it looks like.
Theo GTheo G •
As a knitter, I know that if a garment has shrunk and become fuzzy, it's felted - that's literally the definition of felted. Unfortunately, once it's felted, it can't be reversed. It's a shame, because it looked like a beautiful sweater.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

回答を投稿

0/10000 文字

最小 10 文字