Houston

Houston · Questions

Charity for double amputated dogs in Houston?

Charity for double amputated dogs in Houston?

Salute e Benessere 6 answers • Davide Z
I have a dog that's a mix of lab and another breed, medium size, and he's been injured and is now double amputated. He's been more aggressive than usual and I'm worried about his health. I'm considering surrendering him to a shelter, but I'm not sure if they can help him. I'm looking for a charity that can take him in and provide the necessary care and surgery.
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 3 replies

Jasmine Dawson •
It's worth giving him more time. Posting in local rescue and foster groups in Houston, including details about his age, size, temperament, and care needs, might help find him a home.
Davide Z OP •
We can't afford to wait, as we've already spent our savings on his care. He's a mixed-breed dog, around 65 pounds, but he's losing weight fast due to two gaping wounds on his hind legs. I'll contact the ASPCA and BARC to see if they can help him quickly.
caleb •
BARC is known for being a high-kill shelter. If you surrender him there, he would likely be put down. It's worth considering humane euthanasia to spare him that fate.
MatteoMatteo •
If you live in the city of Houston, you can surrender him to BARC, but given his condition, they would likely put him down. If possible, consider getting him euthanasia yourself, so you can spend those last moments together.
Vanessa RVanessa R •
It seems he's in a lot of pain. It might be time to consider his well-being.
gudrun_neumgudrun_neum •
Based on the photos, humane euthanasia appears to be the most compassionate option. With a decade of experience in rescue, I know that few organizations will take on a case like this, and the dog is clearly suffering from severe pain.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

La tua risposta

0/10000 caratteri

Min. 10 caratteri