Dallas

Dallas · Questions

Parkland vs Metrocare for Sliding-Scale Behavioral Health Services?

Parkland vs Metrocare for Sliding-Scale Behavioral Health Services?

Salute e Benessere 7 answers • giulia
I've been struggling with what I believe is undiagnosed OCD and social anxiety for a while now. I'm on Parkland financial assistance, so I know I can get referred for outpatient behavioral health services by my PCP. I want to transfer my care over from another place as I don't feel like I'm getting adequate treatment.
Write an Answer

3 Answers · 4 replies

reid_dallasreid_dallas •
Metrocare and Parkland share a common funding source. Metrocare focuses on providing specific types of care, while Parkland offers a broader range of services. If you need comprehensive care, Parkland might be a better option.
Brianna WhitfieldBrianna Whitfield •
Contrary to what you might think, Metrocare and Parkland are not affiliated in the same way. In fact, Parkland recently bailed out Metrocare to prevent a massive influx of patients, which would have overwhelmed Parkland's facilities. While they share a common funding source, they are separate businesses with different management.
Alessia Rizzo •
I've had mixed experiences with both Metrocare and Parkland. Prism Health in Uptown has been a good fit for my household, offering LGBT-friendly services, including primary care, women's health, and behavioral health. They have a sliding fee scale and accept Medicaid. In contrast, Parkland has been unhelpful in my experience, and Metrocare's case management services were not effective for my needs.
Finn M •
I've had a positive experience with Prism Health in Uptown. As someone with a low income, I was able to see a psychiatrist for just $10. The staff at Prism are incredibly kind and understanding.
giulia OP •
Thank you for the information.
Brianna WhitfieldBrianna Whitfield •
I'd like to offer a different perspective on Parkland. While it may not be perfect, Parkland has an excellent trauma service, a top-notch burn unit, and a renowned renal transplant program. Their employees are dedicated to serving the underserved population, and their commitment to patient care is evident.
Liam M •
For individuals with OCD and anxiety, Parkland might be a more suitable option. However, if you're dealing with severe mental illness or need case management, Metrocare could be a better fit. Be sure to ask for a therapy referral after seeing a psychiatrist.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

La tua risposta

0/10000 caratteri

Min. 10 caratteri