Austin

Austin · Questions

Who removes a small tree against a utility pipe in Austin?

Who removes a small tree against a utility pipe in Austin?

Servizi 7 answers • viniciuscorreia1
I'm responsible for yard maintenance in my lease, but I don't want to damage the utility pipe that leads to the electric meter on the side of my house. I need to remove a small tree that's pushing against the pipe, but I'm not sure who to call or what to do.
Write an Answer

5 Answers · 2 replies

Nienke D •
It's a good idea to identify the pipe before digging or cutting roots, as it could be a costly mistake to turn a small tree problem into a utility issue.
toby •
Have you considered using triclopyr products like Garlon 3A or imazypyr bullets to kill the tree? It will eventually dry out and can be broken up after it's dead.
gabrielnguyen •
It's ironic that the one shrub chose to grow in the most expensive location possible.
Gaston Benitez •
Instead of removing the tree, you can drill a few holes and fill them with triclopyr. This will kill the tree, and you can break it up afterwards.
Bastien PerrinBastien Perrin •
This is not a matter of basic yard maintenance; it's a long-term issue that should have been addressed much earlier. As a landlord, I would expect my tenants to handle such problems promptly. It's worth calling the landlord to report the issue.
viniciuscorreia1 OP •
My landlord informed me that yard maintenance falls under tenant responsibilities, but I'm not convinced that removing this large, overgrown tree is a basic yard maintenance task. We've been living here for over two years, and the issue has clearly been neglected.
Bastien PerrinBastien Perrin •
That tree was already there when we moved in, and it's been growing steadily over the years.

Share Your Answer

Sign in to help the community with your knowledge.

La tua risposta

0/10000 caratteri

Min. 10 caratteri