نيويورك

نيويورك · الأسئلة

Is it insane to order delivery from ~4.5 miles away?

Is it insane to order delivery from ~4.5 miles away?

الخدمات الإجابات: 7 • Kevin J
I live in Washington heights/inwood and I'm tired of the limited food options in my area. I've been ordering delivery from restaurants in the morningside heights area, which is about 4.5 miles away. I want to know if it's reasonable to expect the delivery person to make that trip.
اكتب إجابة

الإجابات (4) · الردود: 3

vanessa562vanessa562 •
When ordering food delivery in New York City, consider the weather and tip your driver accordingly. Inclement weather can make the delivery process more challenging, so showing appreciation with a generous tip is a kind gesture.
gracefletcher •
As a Brooklyn resident, I've noticed that delivery drivers who accept orders usually have cars, which makes it easier for them to navigate the city.
tatiana_lima •
I was surprised to hear that the distance between Manhattan and Queens is not as far as I thought. It's still a good idea to tip your driver accordingly, regardless of the distance.
Marisol IMarisol I •
If you're within the delivery radius, it's fair game to order from GrubHub or Seamless. Interestingly, delivery drivers working for these companies can earn up to $30 per hour while on the job, but tipping is still appreciated.
Daan Bakker •
New York City delivery drivers are paid a minimum wage of $22 per hour, which is a standard rate for their profession. However, I still choose not to tip unless it's extremely cold or rainy outside.
Katrin Reinhardt •
I've heard that tipping on DoorDash or Uber doesn't directly affect the amount the driver receives, but rather reduces the commission paid to the companies.
Daan Bakker •
It's worth noting that NYC delivery drivers are paid a minimum wage of $22 per hour, which is comparable to the $17 per hour earned by waiters. However, waiters can earn up to $17 per hour, including a maximum tip credit of $5.65 per hour, as per the NYC Department of Labor's minimum wage regulations for tipped workers.

شارك إجابتك

سجّل الدخول لتساعد المجتمع بمعرفتك.

إجابتك

0/10000 حرف

الحد الأدنى 10 حرف