هيوستن

هيوستن · الأسئلة

Can I park on a public street in the Heights without a no parking sign?

Can I park on a public street in the Heights without a no parking sign?

الخدمات الإجابات: 5 • Davide Z
I was parked in a public street in the Heights and a man yelled at me to leave, then he backed into my car and caused significant damage. I'd like to know if I can park on the street and how to report him for damaging my car.
اكتب إجابة

الإجابات (4) · رد واحد

Tyler •
Public streets require signs to restrict parking. If your vehicle is hit, you should file a police report and contact your insurance company. Parking opposite a driveway is allowed, but it may cause inconvenience in narrow spaces.
Zara RadfordZara Radford •
Working in the Heights, I've noticed that street parking is common in the area. Unless there are clear signs restricting parking, drivers can't dictate where people park their vehicles.
Davide Z OP •
The video shows the driver pulling out of his driveway in a straight line, without making any turns, before hitting my car with significant force, causing it to shake. After the collision, the driver pulled forward slightly and turned to drive away.
Jasmine Dawson •
The parking issue and the hit-and-run incident are two separate matters. Even if the driver was annoyed about your parking, backing into your vehicle is still a serious incident that should be documented and reported.
MatteoMatteo •
Even if you weren't supposed to park there, the driver is still liable for the damage. Typically, there would be a sign or a driveway indicating restricted parking.

شارك إجابتك

سجّل الدخول لتساعد المجتمع بمعرفتك.

إجابتك

0/10000 حرف

الحد الأدنى 10 حرف