كالغاري

كالغاري · الأسئلة

Where are safe places to run as a woman in Calgary?

Where are safe places to run as a woman in Calgary?

اللياقة والرياضة الإجابات: 6 • calgarygurp
اكتب إجابة

الإجابات (6)

helena •
I've had a negative experience downtown on the river pathway in broad daylight, which made me consider alternative routes. Glenmore reservoir might be a better choice for those looking for a safer area.
Florencia P •
I second Glenmore Reservoir.
Theo GTheo G •
Personally, I find running in neighbourhoods to be the least problematic. While it may not be as scenic as other routes, I enjoy exploring older neighbourhoods and admiring the historic homes. I live in an inner-city neighbourhood and run approximately 5-6 km, five days a week, without any issues. I often wear compression leggings and a sports bra for added comfort.
Nienke JansenNienke Jansen •
To be honest, I've found that having a dog can be a great deterrent for unwanted attention. While my own dog may be a gentle giant, he has a intimidating appearance that seems to keep potential harassers at bay.
nienke466 •
I'd like to offer some support and suggestions. Running should be a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. While I don't fit the demographic you're discussing, I recommend sticking to crowded areas and popular times, such as after work but before sundown, or on weekends. Some busy areas include the Bow River pathway in the Peace Bridge area, Glenmore south of Heritage Park, or the north end, which tend to be well-populated. Additionally, running with a buddy can be a great deterrent for unwanted attention.
Lieke SLieke S •
One area where I've felt safe running is Nose Hill park. I often take the less-traveled paths and trails, which are usually quiet and secluded. I've found that varying my routes and not repeating them consecutively helps me avoid potential issues. I've been running in this park throughout the seasons, and I've also found that wearing loose running shorts over my leggings in colder months helps minimize unwanted attention.

شارك إجابتك

سجّل الدخول لتساعد المجتمع بمعرفتك.

إجابتك

0/10000 حرف

الحد الأدنى 10 حرف

استكشف المزيد

أسئلة ذات صلة

لا توجد أسئلة ذات صلة بعد.